How to get a Custom URL for YouTube
In this article i am going to tell you, How to setup custom link for youtube channel. Custom Link helps your channel to recognize as a brand. Custom link gives your youtube channel a branded look on youtube where millions of channel already in competition with you, and if you want to beat them all custom link will help you a lot in doing this.
Custom link is generally used as a link generated by youtube in creator studio settings, choosen by channel owner itself. it should be as short as possible to easily remember any viewers and it can be set as your channel name look like. In most of the case Custom link is mainly set as your channel is look like.
for example my channel name is Get Latest Hacks, then i had set it as youtube.com/c/getlatesthacks here youtube.com/c/ is default link you have to adopt it as it is after youtube.com/c/…. you can ad your channels name, short form of channel, phrases, etc. which gives your channel a branded look and SEO will rank it highlighting in the search option.
Custom link is very useful in case of SEO management, if you want to rank of channel and you have not set up it yet then your channel may not be rank in the top when viewer want to see particular kind of videos and you have made that video published on youtube channel but maybe just because of custom link he will reached out to your video. But if you have set up it already your channel and video both may came at the top of search result if you have made a video on particular topic, which is viewers wanted to watch.
As i said custom link gives you a branded look to your youtube channel, suppose you loves to wear KILLER jeans, and everytime you purchased it from online site of KILLLER JEANS co. when search on the google as “KILLER” only because you have REMEMBERED its name , and then it will show you at the top of result because google SEO of this company good enough. Similarly, when any viewers loves to watch your all videos, although some videos may be out of his interest but even he is watching that means your channel became a brand for him. He had remembered you channel name as well custom link, and because your channel’s SEO management is enogh good to search will be rank you in the top of youtube search result.
These were the top benifits for your channel after setup custom link for youtube channel. Now lets discuss Eligibility Requirements to avail it.
To get a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to be in good standing and meet a few other requirements:
- 100 or more subscribers
- Channels is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for the channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
- You can also qualify for a custom URL by linking and verifying your official webpage with your channel or +Page.
Get your custom URL
Once you’ve qualified for a custom URL, you’ll see a notice in your advanced account settings, you’ll receive an email notification, and you may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
- Sign in to YouTube and navigate to your advanced account settings.
- In the Channel settings area, look for the notice to claim your custom URL and click the included link.
- You’ll be redirected to claim a custom URL.
- You’ll see the custom URL(s) that you’ve been approved for. These cannot be changed. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Click the box next to “I agree to the Terms of Service” then click Change URL in the bottom left-hand corner.
- This URL will be linked to both your YouTube channel and your Google+ identity. Once your URL has been approved, you can’t ask for it to be changed. When you’re certain, click Confirm choice.