How to Enable Theme Option (Dark Theme) in Stable WhatsApp | [Root]
In today’s technology of Android Os almost every applications of Android supports Dark Mode theme. Such as Instagram supports dark mode, telegram supports dark mode, and almost every google application supports dark mode. But still whatsapp is working to release dark mode. I don’t know why they are taking at much time to release just a simple dark theme on Whatsapp. Today we are going to tell you the way by which can actually enable real Theme switch option to select dark mode theme on whatsapp settings.
Topics of content
- How to Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode theme (Theme Switch) Option in settings
- Steps to enable Dark Mode
- Setup File Manager Root Privilege
- Locate Root file of WhatsApp data
Here in this post i am going to tell you the way to enable actuall Dark Mode option in you WhatsApp. I does’nt matter what version you are using either Stable/Beta. You can enable dark mode (Theme switch) option in whatsapp settings.
How to Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode theme (Theme Switch) Option in settings
To carry out this trick successfull in your smartphone. You make sure you device is rooted. Without root you can’t perform this trick. If you don’t know how to root your device. Google it how to root (You device name with model number). Actually what we are doing to do here in rooted smartphone. We actually going to add dark mode enabling code script into whatsapp root file name share_preference.xml . To perform this activity you will need root privilage to perform and save your code in whatsapp file.
Read more about dark mode :
Steps to enable Dark Mode
Setup File Manager Root Privilege
After getting root access in your device. You are good to go ahead. You will require a powerfull file explorer. I will suggest you to download FX file explorer APK from Google or Playstore. And setup your file explorer and get root access privelage for your fx file explorer.
Locate Root file of WhatsApp data
- Open File manger and go to root partition.
- Then go to Data > Data and navigate to the com.whatsapp folder.
- Go to the shared_prefs folder and search for the com.whatsapp_preferences.xml file.
- Now add the below lines to that xml file, anywhere between the <map> and </map> tags. This one line of code is, in fact, responsible for enabling Dark Mode on WhatsApp on rooted Android devices.
<boolean name="dark_mode" value="true" />
- Next, tap on the 3 dot icon and select save the file. Now just force close WhatsApp and re-open it.
- Finally, head over to Settings. You could now see the Theme option, just beneath Account. Tap on it and select Dark.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled the Dark Mode on WhatsApp on rooted Android devices. The best part about this tweak is that it lets WhatsApp very efficiently adopt the dark mode and not in bits and pieces, as was witnessed in the earlier leaks. Moreover, it now seems anything but obvious that the release of Dark Mode is almost round the corner, this time with a little more belief that ever before!
I have one thing shocking for you guyz we have confirmed that whatsapp is very soon publishing ads to whatsapp status. We have proof here. While inspecting Whatsapp code we have seeing whatsapp ads code scripts for status column. The two lines that confirm it are media_seen_since_last_ad and statuses_seen_since_last_ad under the <long_name> tags. Let’s just hope it takes as much time to implement as is the case with WhatsApp dark mode !.