Android 10 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1- Installation Guide
In this article i am going to tell you how you can install android 10 in your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 phone. After reading this article you came to Whole procedure about How you can install Android 10 custom rom in your Asus Zennfone Max pro m1.
Android 10 current status for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Android 10 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is current not released officially. But many android developers are currently working on it to make compatible to run it on their on phones after the release of Android 10 on Google Pixel phones.
Installing Android 10 based Custom Roms will take some risks for your device, It will void your warranty and make cause brick to your phone. I recommend you to do this only if you are expert it in or you need to follow this guide very carefully, Think 1000 times before doing and Take backup of your phones current rom if you have installed TWRP recovery.
Required steps before installing Android 10 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- You need to Unlock Bootloader of Phone
- Then you need to install compatible TWRP according to which Custom ROM you are going to Flash.
- Then Install Driver of your Android phone properly into your PC
- Then Download required files e.g. TWRP recovery, Flash Firmware of Android 10, and GApps .
Android Based Custom i am using in this tutorial is AOSP based Android 10
Things keep in mind Before Flashing Android 10 based custom ROM
- If you have already using Android 9 pie, then you have to clean flash Android 10
- You have to install Android 10 compatible TWRP recovery.
- Your old recovery may not flash this new ROM
- Wipe system with SAR recovery will show you system as-root
- In Android 10 Custom kernels are not supported right now so don’t flash if you are not getting better result.
- Flash ROM and GApps at the same time, don’t boot system without GApps otherwise Contacts sync will not work
- Don’t flash any mods or zip other than ROM file and GApps otherwise it will be failed to being installed into your phone
- This is neither GSI not PORTED ROM so don’t Flash same ROM in another devices.
Download Android 10 custom ROM files for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download TWRP for system-as-root build or AFH Mirror
- Download Android 10 based custom ROM AOSP 10.0.0 or AFH Mirror
- Download GApps GApps for Android 10 or AFH Mirror
Steps to Install Android 10 on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
I am doing it by supposing you have already setup your devices after installing drivers into PC and already unlocked you bootloader and have already installed TWRP recovery which is mentioned above ealier go up and dowload those required files if you have not downloaded yet.
Instruction to Flash Android 10 based custom ROM in your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the latest Android 10 build custom rom from the link given above
- reboot to TWRP recovery, Flash system-as-root TWRP from install image option.
- reboot to recovery again from reboot menu.
- go to WIPE, select SYSTEM, VENDOR, DATA and cache
- come to home TWRP, then click on INSTALL, then select the latest firmware of ANDROID 10 which you have downloaded form the above links. Then Flash it.
- After complete flash of Firmware, Then again come to HOME of TWRP, Then click on MOUNT, then untick SYSTEM, and remount SYSTEM and VENDOR manually.
- Then Again come to HOME of TWRP, Then again click on INSTALL, Now select GApps zip file which you have donwloaded from above given links mentioned.
- Then Reboot you system
Congrats after doing this whole steps you must have installed Android 10 based custom rom on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.